What's in it for Beverly?
- Beverly can undertake projects that sustain our quality of life
- Beverly can raise over $600,000 each year; add the state match for a $750,000 CPA annual budget
- The CPA fund is a dedicated fund for the three categories of projects and cannot be used for other purposes
- CPA funding can be used to secure outside funding such as state and federal grants
- CPA can provide some relief to the city's budget by supporting projects for historic municipal buildings, parks and cemeteries
- CPA makes Beverly competitive for grants by creating a dedicated source for matching funds required by grant programs
- CPA requires spending in all three categories, creating a balance of open space, historic preservation, and affordable housing projects, with priorities determined by a comittee of Beverly citizens.